Justin is a workers’ compensation lawyer. He represents injured workers through all levels of the workers’ compensation system in Vermont. He is also an approved workers’ compensation mediator available to help both parties reach fair and reasonable solutions in difficult cases. Injured and disabled workers can trust Justin’s extensive knowledge to help confidently navigate the workers’ compensation system during trying times. He has brought claims against some of Vermont’s largest employers, including UPS, Lowe’s, Dollar Tree Stores, Walmart, Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, Consolidated Communications, and the State of Vermont.
Justin attended Lehigh University and Vermont Law School. He began his workers’ compensation practice in 2005. He has advocated for his clients in numerous trials at the Department of Labor and before the Vermont Supreme Court. As a result of his vast experience, Justin is often called upon to share his deep knowledge of workers’ compensation law at continuing education seminars for attorneys, insurance professionals, and business leaders.
Volunteer Boards and Recognition
- Member, Vermont Association for Justice
- Super Lawyers, New England Rising Star in Workers’ Compensation, 2015
- Chair, Reading Elementary School Board of Trustees, Reading, Vermont, 2010 to 2018
- Negotiation Council Chair, Windsor Central Supervisory Union Board, Woodstock, Vermont, FY 2014
- Member, Reading Elementary School Board of Trustees, Reading, Vermont, 2007 to 2018
- Member, Windsor Central Supervisory Union Board, Woodstock, Vermont, 2007 to 2018
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Workers’ Compensation Medicare Set-Aside Arrangements, Workers’ Compensation Fundamentals, National Business Institute, June 26, 2018
- Temporary Benefits: Partial & Total, Fundamentals of Workers’ Compensation, Sterling Education Services, Inc., May 13, 2014
- Happening Now: Preauthorization of Medical Treatment, Fundamentals of Workers’ Compensation, Sterling Education Services, Inc., May 13, 2014
- Medicare Set-Asides and Settlements, Complex Workers’ Compensation Issues, National Business Institute, February 3, 2014
- Happening Now: Preauthorization of Medical Treatment, Workers’ Compensation Law and Practice, Sterling Education Services, Inc., September 14, 2012